J.L.D.

Default Bottom Margin Problem

I had my students write a research paper and specified that they use one inch
margins all around. However, I have had several complaints that after
setting all margins, the bottom margin continues to measure (with a ruler) at
1.25 inches. I thought this may have to do with widow control...but that
didn't seem to fix the problem either. What is the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Cannon Karen Cannon is offline

I am having the same problem. Any students out there using MLA formatting
are going to have the same problems. Have you found a solution?

"J.L.D." wrote:

I had my students write a research paper and specified that they use one inch
margins all around. However, I have had several complaints that after
setting all margins, the bottom margin continues to measure (with a ruler) at
1.25 inches. I thought this may have to do with widow control...but that
didn't seem to fix the problem either. What is the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Cannon[_2_] Karen Cannon[_2_] is offline

I am having the same problems. My students are being counted off for their
MLA papers because the bottom margin in not even close to 1". Have you found
any solutions?