Joe Dortch

Default My email merge does not send. Why not?

Everything is working fine in Word, with source data in Excel, until I press
merge to email on the task bar. Word asks if I want to send email to person x
and person y. I click OK. Then nothing happens. I use Word 2003 and have
tried this with changing my default email program from Netscape to Outlook.
It makes no difference. No sent mail appears in any folder and testing it on
my own email adress results in nothing.
Joe
Peter Jamieson

You may get more help asking this in an Outlook group, but the only things I
can suggest are to do with MAPI, which is the mail-related software layer
used by Outlook and at least some (earlier) versions of Netscape:
a. if you haven't restarted your machine since switching to Outlook, do
that.
b. depending on which version of Netscape you are using, netscape may have
installed a different version of the MAPI mail API than the one Outlook
installs. Unfortunately, I can't give reliable instructions on how to sort
this out, but the following is one of several articles in the Microsoft
Knowledgebase that may help:

Peter Jamieson

"Joe Dortch" Joe wrote in message
Everything is working fine in Word, with source data in Excel, until I
press
merge to email on the task bar. Word asks if I want to send email to
person x
and person y. I click OK. Then nothing happens. I use Word 2003 and have
tried this with changing my default email program from Netscape to
Outlook.
It makes no difference. No sent mail appears in any folder and testing it
on
my own email adress results in nothing.
Joe

Sending Mail Merge to Email to Multiple Recipients in the Same Mes Mark V Mailmerge 13 April 21st 23 05:06 PM
Selecting email client to use with email merge sjmilldr Mailmerge 0 December 17th 04 04:41 PM
Email merge BK New Users 2 December 7th 04 03:30 PM
Using MAILMERGE fields within HYPERLINK fields for Merge to Email Mark V Mailmerge 2 December 4th 04 04:01 PM
How do I send a mail merge email with an excel attachment%3f Geri Tables 1 December 3rd 04 01:51 PM