Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
itraining itraining is offline

Default "Red apple" image (clip art) visible in MS Word for Mac (invisible inWord for Windows)

G'day from Australia

I am trying to troubleshoot a Microsoft Word document. The original
form is an "appointment" form with a simple header, footer and a
couple of large tables. Using Word for Windows, the document opens and
prints as expected. Using Word for Mac, there is a massive red apple
covering document.

Experimenting with the document:
(a) I have deleted the content in the header, footer and body of the
document. The big red apple remains visible (Word for Mac only).
(b) I cannot select the red apple using text selection techniques or
the Select Object drawing toolbar button.
(c) Using the Advanced Find technique, searching for "Graphics", the
red apple is not located.

Does anybody have any suggestions to remove this red apple so our Mac
users can download this form and print it?

I just realised we cannot attach documents to these posts. Please
visit the URLs below to download the "blank" version of the Word
document - there is a red apple when you view it on the Mac. there is
also a screenshot of the document for the non Mac users.

https://files.me.com/itraining/xclisz
https://files.me.com/itraining/h58sw9

Thanks in advance

Michael Richards
Brisbane, Australia
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Does MacWord have the Reading Layout or Full Screen Reading view? If so,
sometimes images that are not visible in any other view become visible in
that view (though it's usually because they have wandered off the page);
there's an option to make editing possible in that view, and once you enable
that, you can select the image and delete it.

In some other cases, it was discovered that there was a reference to the
image in the document XML (IIRC the image in that case was also a piece of
fruit or maybe some kind of animal); if you have experience in working with
the XML (I don't), that's a possibility for removing it. In another
instance, I found that an image that appeared only on printing (or switching
to Print Preview) was the result of a field; when the field was updated, the
graphic "exploded" (it had been made very small but resumed its normal size
on updating). I don't think that last case is relevant here, but I mention
it as just one of the oddities I've seen.

http://word.mvps.org