DCantora DCantora is offline
Junior Member

Default Office 2016 - Help: Creating Master/Slave auto-text fields

Hi All ,

I've been playing with this all day and I really hope someone can help me. It's driving me nuts because it looks like something I should be able to do but for the life of me I can't figure out how.

I want to create a meeting agenda with 10 agenda items:
* Item 1 & 2 will be to review Notes & Actions from last meeting
* Items 3-10 will have their own single "notes" field and "Actions" field
* At the end of the agenda I want a table that collates all the "notes" & "actions" from sections 3-10 so they can be copied and pasted in to sections 1 & 2 for next months meeting very easily.

Using Quick Part "Document Properties" I can do exactly what I want - and I can lock the fields in dev mode so they cant be accidentally deleted.

The only issue is I'm limited to 14 different properties and I'm going to need ~35 (the "notes" section has two parts: a part for the notes and a part for who referenced it; the "actions" will have three parts: The action, who it is assigned to, and when it is due).

Attached is a cut down version of the doc i'm working on that only shows an example of sections 1, 2, & 3 and then the table for notes & actions.

If anyone knows how I can do this, I'd be super happy. I thought there might be a way to use tables and formulas but I played with that and watched a few videos/etc and couldn't find a way.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Example Agenda Template.zip (69.9 KB, 92 views)
DCantora DCantora is offline
Junior Member

I haven't found a full solution yet but using bookmarks with {ref 'bookmark} seems to be the only way so far. This causes other issues. I might post on the MS forums to see if anyone there can come up with other ideas.
DCantora DCantora is offline
Junior Member

The solution was to use content control & bookmark that.
bettycooper bettycooper is offline
Junior Member

Auto-text fields can also be a great way to improve your SEO. By including keywords in your fields, you can help your site rank higher in search engines. This will help you get more visitors to your mapquest driving directions website, and it will also help you to reach a wider audience.