Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rodmona01 rodmona01 is offline

Default how to send an entire document

--
Sincerely,

Ester Judd
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod macropod is offline

In an envelope?

Please be more specific.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]
-------------------------

"rodmona01" wrote in message ...

--
Sincerely,

Ester Judd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rodmona01 rodmona01 is offline

I am in school and I need to submit my assignment but I can't. I need to
know how to submit all the files together instead of just one at a time
--
Sincerely,

Ester Judd

"macropod" wrote:

In an envelope?

Please be more specific.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"rodmona01" wrote in message ...

--
Sincerely,

Ester Judd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rodmona01 rodmona01 is offline

also, how do I do this from a file already made. I need to know how to make
a zip folder and how to put the other files into the zip folder
--
Sincerely,

Ester Judd

"macropod" wrote:

In an envelope?

Please be more specific.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"rodmona01" wrote in message ...

--
Sincerely,

Ester Judd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Ester,

Do you have a utility like Winzip, for making zip files? If so, and it's been correctly installed on your system, you should be able
to select a file, right-click with the mouse button, then click on the Zip icon and choose how you want to process the file. Once
you've made one such file, it's a simple matter of dragging each of the other files onto it.

It's often easiest to find someone locally who has experience with this that can show you how it's done. Much easier demonstrated
that explained in writing.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"rodmona01" wrote in message ...
also, how do I do this from a file already made. I need to know how to make
a zip folder and how to put the other files into the zip folder
--
Sincerely,

Ester Judd

"macropod" wrote:

In an envelope?

Please be more specific.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"rodmona01" wrote in message ...

--
Sincerely,

Ester Judd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

To continue Macropod's answer...

Once you have a zip file of all the documents, you then need to send it by
email as an attachment. If you use a webmail client such as Google Mail or
LiveMail, when you open the Compose Mail windows, you will see a button
Attach File. Click on the button and this will open Windows Explorer which
will let you find and select the zip file you created.

If you use a Mail client such as Outlook Express, then after opening a new
email, you will find the Insert button which does the same.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"rodmona01" wrote in message
also, how do I do this from a file already made. I need to know how to
make
a zip folder and how to put the other files into the zip folder
--
Sincerely,

Ester Judd

"macropod" wrote:

In an envelope?

Please be more specific.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"rodmona01" wrote in message

Sincerely,

Ester Judd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carrie[_2_] Carrie[_2_] is offline

"rodmona01" wrote in message
I am in school and I need to submit my assignment but I can't. I need to
know how to submit all the files together instead of just one at a time
--
Sincerely,

Ester Judd

I don't know if you have them in a folder, but you would have to do this
first before sending them in a zip file.

If they are all separate, you'd have to create a new folder, with a name,
and go into My Documents, or wherever it all is and drag all the pages into
the new folder.

Maybe you already have them in a folder, but I didn't see this mentioned,
and when I was first saving files and sometimes sending them I didn't
realize this. You can email each file separately, like right click and SEND
TO EMAIL RECIPIENT but if you want to send them all at once as a zip file
they have to be in a folder.

"macropod" wrote:

In an envelope?

Please be more specific.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"rodmona01" wrote in message

Sincerely,

Ester Judd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Files don't have to be in the same folder before they can be added to a zip
file?

Carrie wrote:
"rodmona01" wrote in message
I am in school and I need to submit my assignment but I can't. I
need to know how to submit all the files together instead of just
one at a time --
Sincerely,

Ester Judd

I don't know if you have them in a folder, but you would have to do
this first before sending them in a zip file.

If they are all separate, you'd have to create a new folder, with a
name, and go into My Documents, or wherever it all is and drag all
the pages into the new folder.

Maybe you already have them in a folder, but I didn't see this
mentioned, and when I was first saving files and sometimes sending
them I didn't realize this. You can email each file separately, like
right click and SEND
EMAIL RECIPIENT but if you want to send them all at once as a zip
file they have to be in a folder.

"macropod" wrote:

In an envelope?

Please be more specific.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"rodmona01" wrote in message

Sincerely,

Ester Judd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

or attached to an email message

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Carrie wrote:
"rodmona01" wrote in message
I am in school and I need to submit my assignment but I can't. I
need to know how to submit all the files together instead of just
one at a time --
Sincerely,

Ester Judd

I don't know if you have them in a folder, but you would have to do
this first before sending them in a zip file.

If they are all separate, you'd have to create a new folder, with a
name, and go into My Documents, or wherever it all is and drag all
the pages into the new folder.

Maybe you already have them in a folder, but I didn't see this
mentioned, and when I was first saving files and sometimes sending
them I didn't realize this. You can email each file separately, like
right click and SEND
EMAIL RECIPIENT but if you want to send them all at once as a zip
file they have to be in a folder.

"macropod" wrote:

In an envelope?

Please be more specific.