Default Extra Wide Gray Margins Surrounding White Blank Page

Hello All,

I'm hoping one of you gurus can shed some light on this problem. When
a particular user creates or opens a document, the "white" blank page
is surrounded by extra-wide gray margins. It appears as though a white
text box was placed on a larger gray text box. It doesn't affect the
actual formatting on the page - it is basically an annoyance to the
user. The others users in the office are not experiencing the same
issue.

Among many things, we checked views, page layout settings, borders,
View | Options | Wrap to Window. We are currently in the process of
renaming the Normal.dot.

Thanks so much!

M3boyz

m3boyz

Hi Suzanne~

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, zoom ratio was something
we checked as well. The view we are looking at is at 100% - with the
gray margins larger than normal. Also, at times when an existing doc
is opened, only the right gray area can be viewed and the "white page"
is placed all the way over to the left. The formatting is not affected
in the actual doc - but it's awkward for the user to work with because
the "visual" is off center.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Daiya Mitchell

Under the View menu, what has a checkmark next to it? Page Layout or
Normal?

It sounds as though Page Layout (or Print Layout) view has been turned on
when you are accustomed to Normal View.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

No, the comments about centering suggest that Print Layout is the view in
question. The description sounds like what you'd get if the zoom were set to
Two Pages and you had only one.

.. .

On 2/8/05 8:26 PM, "m3boyz" wrote:

Hi Suzanne~

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, zoom ratio was something
we checked as well. The view we are looking at is at 100% - with the
gray margins larger than normal. Also, at times when an existing doc
is opened, only the right gray area can be viewed and the "white page"
is placed all the way over to the left. The formatting is not affected
in the actual doc - but it's awkward for the user to work with because
the "visual" is off center.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

m3boyz

We've tried both views Print Layout (our typical view) and Normal View.
Also tried every zoom view ... we are using Word 2000, Windows NT with
Citrix.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
No, the comments about centering suggest that Print Layout is the

view in
question. The description sounds like what you'd get if the zoom were

set to
Two Pages and you had only one.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.