Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Equation label caption

Hi,
I would like to set a caption label for equations as: (1.8) for exemple.
I mean with both parathesis (and including chapter number while numbering
equations).
I haven't manage to include bothe paranthesis in caption label.
Thank you for helping me!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews

On 21-Apr-2006, C wrote:

I would like to set a caption label for equations as: (1.8) for exemple.
I mean with both parathesis (and including chapter number while
numbering equations).

With MathType, you can format the equation numbers however you want --
parentheses, square brackets, chapter numbers, section numbers, etc.
MathType automatically keeps track of chapters & sections. More info at the
link in my sig.

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I used MathType but the major disadvantage is that I cannot install MathTpe
on each computer i work (at university and at home), especially if it is not
free (as far as I know).
And I need to work in more than 2 places, so...I am afraid I will need
another solution for my problem.
Thank you, anyway!

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews

On 26-Apr-2006, C wrote:

I used MathType but the major disadvantage is that I cannot install
MathTpe on each computer i work (at university and at home),
especially if it is not free (as far as I know).
And I need to work in more than 2 places, so...I am afraid I will need
another solution for my problem.

The MathType license allows you to install the product on computers you use.
For example, in your case, you need it at the university and at home -- no
problem. I'm not sure how many places is included in "more than 2", but as
long as they're not shared comptuers (computer labs, lounge areas, etc.),
you can install it.

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi C

C wrote:
I would like to set a caption label for equations as: (1.8) for exemple.
I mean with both parathesis (and including chapter number while numbering
equations).
I haven't manage to include bothe paranthesis in caption label.

There's no good way of doing this (at least not in Word 2000 which I'm
using here right now).

In your shoes, I'd take a look at the fields (SEQ) that Word generates
when you insert a label (use the predefined, say, "Figure" label
numbered including chapter number and hit SHIFT-F9, then read up about
SEQ to get the idea what's going on "behind the scenes".

Once you know which fields you need, store the whole construct,
including braces, as an AutoText or AutoCorrect-entry, and use that
instead of the caption command.

HTH
Robert
--