Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DrMarsha DrMarsha is offline

Default Regular text changed into individual text boxes

I developed a small template into which I copied regular text from a word
document into (it is the size of a notecard meant to be cut out and copied by
students). Anyhow, when I went back in to the template document, all of the
text that I had copied and pasted (regular text) now was appearing as small,
individual text boxes. Any idea of why that would happen and how I can get it
back to normal text without being text boxes?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Generally, when text suddenly appears "boxed in," I'd suspect frame
formatting rather than text boxes.

If you right-click the border of one of the "boxes," which command can you
then see on the right-click (context) menu? Format Frame or Format Text Box?

Also, please tell me which version of Word you are using.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DrMarsha" wrote in message
I developed a small template into which I copied regular text from a word
document into (it is the size of a notecard meant to be cut out and copied
by
students). Anyhow, when I went back in to the template document, all of
the
text that I had copied and pasted (regular text) now was appearing as
small,
individual text boxes. Any idea of why that would happen and how I can get
it
back to normal text without being text boxes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DrMarsha DrMarsha is offline

When I right click on any of the boxes, I have options like Format AutoShape,
or Create Text Box link...all I remember doing is cutting and pasting from
either Word or PowerPoint into this box template, but certainly not with the
intention of having 500 individual text boxes...I am using Office 2003...

"DrMarsha" wrote in message
I developed a small template into which I copied regular text from a word
document into (it is the size of a notecard meant to be cut out and copied
by
students). Anyhow, when I went back in to the template document, all of
the
text that I had copied and pasted (regular text) now was appearing as
small,
individual text boxes. Any idea of why that would happen and how I can get
it
back to normal text without being text boxes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DrMarsha DrMarsha is offline

Also, the "border" around these numerous text boxes produces on right click;
Format Drawing canvas, if that is significant at all.

"DrMarsha" wrote in message
I developed a small template into which I copied regular text from a word
document into (it is the size of a notecard meant to be cut out and copied
by
students). Anyhow, when I went back in to the template document, all of
the
text that I had copied and pasted (regular text) now was appearing as
small,
individual text boxes. Any idea of why that would happen and how I can get
it
back to normal text without being text boxes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Sorry, but I have no idea how this could have happened, unless the text was
pasted in a Metafile format (which can be chosen in the Edit | Paste Special
dialog box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP