Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JB@AT&T JB@AT&T is offline

Default Can't click on Header text; It selects colored shape behind it.

Trying to edit text in Header. There is a blue shape behind it. The cursor is
flashing in the Header's text box, but when I try to click in the text box to
change the font color, it selects and moves the colored shape. How do I
overcome this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?SkJAQVQmVA==?=,

Trying to edit text in Header. There is a blue shape behind it. The cursor is
flashing in the Header's text box, but when I try to click in the text box to
change the font color, it selects and moves the colored shape. How do I
overcome this?

I take it the text box is "transparent" (no fill)?

If the cursor is blinking, hold down the Shift key and use the Arrow keys to
select the text. Or, if you want all the text, try Ctrl+A

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)