Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MiZo MiZo is offline

Default Numbers do not get printed properly from equitations in Wordd 2007

Hi,

I have a docx file in Word 2007 with equitations created using the new
equitation editor. I converted it to PDF with the save as PDF plugin. The PDF
appears properly on the screen, but when I tried to print, the numbers in the
equitations are printed with a totally different font and like 20 pt size.
All the other special symbols (arrows, parentheses, accents, etc.) are
printed properly.
I found in google only printing problems, where the whole equitation is not
printed if it is one a page with a picture. This is not the case, I do not
have pictures on those pages.
Acrobat readers says that the Cambria Math font is Embedded Subset.
One more info, the document was first created as docx, then it was converted
to doc. Then the equitations were replaced with pictures. Finally, it was
converted back to docx, and it automatically converted the equitations back.

Thanks for the help,
Zoltan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MiZo MiZo is offline

This is getting scary I tried to print it from an other machine with
Windows XP and Word 2003 to the same printer, and the same PDF printed
perfectly. The problem is only from my Vista Business machine with Office
2007. We tried it even from a Mac with Word 2004, and guess what, it printed
perfectly.
So I really do not know why is the problem with the only machine that has
the font installed.

Thanks for any comment,
Zoltan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Try reinstalling the printer driver on the problem machine.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MiZo" wrote in message
This is getting scary I tried to print it from an other machine with
Windows XP and Word 2003 to the same printer, and the same PDF printed
perfectly. The problem is only from my Vista Business machine with Office
2007. We tried it even from a Mac with Word 2004, and guess what, it
printed
perfectly.
So I really do not know why is the problem with the only machine that has
the font installed.

Thanks for any comment,
Zoltan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MiZo MiZo is offline

Default Numbers do not get printed properly from equitations in Wordd

Hi,

Try reinstalling the printer driver on the problem machine.

I use the default drivers in Vista. I tried three different printers (two
HPs and one Lexmark), and they produce the same effect. I tried an other
machine with Windows XP, and it printed properly. So it seems that it is
either a Vista or Adobe Reader 8.1.2 specific problem, or some other
configuration specific to my machine.

Zoltan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

From your description, it certainly seems as if the printer drivers included
with Vista doesn't work very well with your printer. Have you tried
downloading a printer driver from the manufacturer's web page?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MiZo" wrote in message
Hi,

Try reinstalling the printer driver on the problem machine.

I use the default drivers in Vista. I tried three different printers (two
HPs and one Lexmark), and they produce the same effect. I tried an other
machine with Windows XP, and it printed properly. So it seems that it is
either a Vista or Adobe Reader 8.1.2 specific problem, or some other
configuration specific to my machine.

Zoltan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MiZo MiZo is offline

Thanks for helping! It turned out it was not a printer problem. I tried the
latest drivers from HP, and the result was the same.
However, I tried to open the PDF and print it from Foxit Reader
(http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php), and it produced a perfect
print on the same machine, on the same printer. So it seems that the problem
was with Adobe Reader.

Zoltan

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

From your description, it certainly seems as if the printer drivers included
with Vista doesn't work very well with your printer. Have you tried
downloading a printer driver from the manufacturer's web page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad you got it sorted, and thank you for the follow-up.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MiZo" wrote in message
Thanks for helping! It turned out it was not a printer problem. I tried
the
latest drivers from HP, and the result was the same.
However, I tried to open the PDF and print it from Foxit Reader
(http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php), and it produced a perfect
print on the same machine, on the same printer. So it seems that the
problem
was with Adobe Reader.

Zoltan

"Stefan Blom" wrote: