Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LilMum LilMum is offline

Default Recovery documents incomplete

In the Midwest where power failures are bad this year. I save sometimes 2 to
3 times in a page, and I'm using the toolbar, not just Ctrl S. When I do have
a power failure the recovered document is missing sometimes more than one
page of what I've saved. Is this common, or do I need to repair my Word 2003?
--
LilMum
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A *saved* document should not have lost any information. It should be what
you saved.
Autorecover recovers to the point of the last automatic save of autorecovery
information, which may have preceded the last manual save. That being the
case the saved document should be on your hard drive where you saved it.

If you suffer regular power outages, you should get yourself an
uninterruptible power supply and avoid the crashes.

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

LilMum wrote:
In the Midwest where power failures are bad this year. I save
sometimes 2 to 3 times in a page, and I'm using the toolbar, not just
Ctrl S. When I do have a power failure the recovered document is
missing sometimes more than one page of what I've saved. Is this
common, or do I need to repair my Word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'll second the suggestion of a UPS. We never used to have power blips here,
but now they're quite common, both from weather and from construction in the
area. It's bad enough to listen to the beeper on two UPSs and a cordless
phone while the power is out, plus all the reset stuff my MFD (glorified fax
machine) goes through when the power comes back on, but at least I don't
have to deal with Windows restarting, recovered documents (or lost data),
and the like.