Mike W.

Default Remove all hyperlinks, but keep text?

Hi all,

I have Word 2003 doc that has a lot of hyperlinks in it.

I would like to remove all the hyperlinks while keeping the text.

Is there a way to get rid of all of the hyperlinks at once? I really do not
want to crawl through this doc one-by-one.

TIA,

Mike W.

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason
for existing.
One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of
eternity, of life,
of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to
comprehend a little
of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity.

- Albert Einstein

Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions.
All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.
What if they are a little coarse, and you may get your coat soiled or torn?
What if you do fail, and get fairly rolled in the dirt once or twice.
Up again, you shall never be so afraid of a tumble.

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anne Troy

Mike, you should have a style called Hyperlink. Just delete it using the
Organizer as per:

http://www.officearticles.com/word/u...osoft_word.htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Mike W." wrote in message
[...]

TF

Please clarify what you are asking. Do you want to keep the resulting text
of the hyperlinks or the other text in the document (i.e. you want to
convert your hyperlinks to plain text)?

If so, just SelectAll and use the Unlink fields command (Ctrl+Shift+F9).

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

PS Please cut out all the unnecessary crap after your signatu it just
wastes space, adds unnecessary data traffic on the Internet, uses up space
on everyone's hard drive and increases download times for everyone that uses
the Newsgroup. It's also banal.

"Mike W." wrote in message
: Hi all,
:
: I have Word 2003 doc that has a lot of hyperlinks in it.
:
: I would like to remove all the hyperlinks while keeping the text.
:
: Is there a way to get rid of all of the hyperlinks at once? I really do
not
: want to crawl through this doc one-by-one.
:
: TIA,
:
: Mike W.

TF

That's shorter.

tf

"Mike W." wrote in message
: Thanks for the help
:
: PS Please cut out all the unnecessary crap after your signatu it just
: wastes space, adds unnecessary data traffic on the Internet, uses up space
: on everyone's hard drive and increases download times for everyone that
uses
: the Newsgroup. It's also banal.
:
: "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: ...
: Please clarify what you are asking. Do you want to keep the resulting
text
: of the hyperlinks or the other text in the document (i.e. you want to
: convert your hyperlinks to plain text)?
:
: If so, just SelectAll and use the Unlink fields command (Ctrl+Shift+F9).
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: PS Please cut out all the unnecessary crap after your signatu it just
: wastes space, adds unnecessary data traffic on the Internet, uses up
space
: on everyone's hard drive and increases download times for everyone that
: uses
: the Newsgroup. It's also banal.
:
:
: "Mike W." wrote in message
: ...
: : Hi all,
: :
: : I have Word 2003 doc that has a lot of hyperlinks in it.
: :
: : I would like to remove all the hyperlinks while keeping the text.
: :
: : Is there a way to get rid of all of the hyperlinks at once? I really
do
: not
: : want to crawl through this doc one-by-one.
: :
: : TIA,
: :
: : Mike W.
:
:
:
:

Word Hyperlinks lost when text in box put behind picture, why? frankamaher Microsoft Word Help 2 May 20th 05 02:59 PM
how can i remove newline in text i want to paste andre Microsoft Word Help 1 March 27th 05 03:40 PM
Automatically turn Hyperlinks into text nico Microsoft Word Help 2 February 13th 05 07:33 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
How do I remove a text box without removing the text from the doc. NormaJean Microsoft Word Help 2 December 13th 04 05:25 PM