Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pic_az

Default Why are tables printing with no data in the cells?

In Excel and Word, when I print docs with a table, the table pronys but there
is no data in the cells. I have not had this problem before with this
printer. It is a Canon i860.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

When you choose File - Print Preview, do the cells display as empty? I.e.,
is the data missing only when you print, or when you preview as well?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"pic_az" wrote in message
In Excel and Word, when I print docs with a table, the table pronys but
there
is no data in the cells. I have not had this problem before with this
printer. It is a Canon i860.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pic_az

Hi Herb,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, in Print Preview, the data shows in the cells. It
is only when I print that the data is missing. I also created a table in
Lotus Notes and ptrinted it. The data prints in the tables. So, it appears it
is only in office that the data does not print.

"pic_az" wrote in message
In Excel and Word, when I print docs with a table, the table pronys but
there
is no data in the cells. I have not had this problem before with this
printer. It is a Canon i860.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

I had a similar problem with a different program. It turned out that that
program used a feature of the printer driver that other programs didn't use.
The problem was a bug in the printer driver, in that it didn't accommodate
the feature the program was trying to use. When I changed to a different
printer driver (one without the bug), the problem went away.

I would visit Canon's website and see if they have an updated printer driver
for the i860. If that doesn't fix it, then try "lying" to Windows by
installing additional drivers for other i-series printers. It's possible
that that one has the problem but, others don't.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

"pic_az" wrote in message
In Excel and Word, when I print docs with a table, the table pronys but
there
is no data in the cells. I have not had this problem before with this
printer. It is a Canon i860.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pic_az

Hi Herb,
I will try that today and let you know the results.

Thanks again