Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janie

Default Table of Contents - multiple files, page numbers did not hyperlink

I have a TOC using multiple files, when I created the TOC the page numbers
did not hyperlink so it is not opening up the files. It is just plain text
as numbers. I am trying to figure out how to get the hyperlinks in there
without having to put them in one at a time. Does anyone know how I would do
this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Janie

Janie wrote:
I have a TOC using multiple files, when I created the TOC the page numbers
did not hyperlink so it is not opening up the files. It is just plain text
as numbers. I am trying to figure out how to get the hyperlinks in there
without having to put them in one at a time. Does anyone know how I would do
this.

Bevor further investigating: how did you create that TOC -- by way of RD
fields?

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janie

Default Table of Contents - multiple files, page numbers did not hyper

Yes I used RD fields in my TOC, the page numbers are coming across as they
should but they are not hyperlinks. All of these documents are in the same
folder. Should'nt they be hyperlinked and open the doc when you click on
them? I used Headings styles in the docs that are referenced in the TOC.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Janie

Janie wrote:
I have a TOC using multiple files, when I created the TOC the page numbers
did not hyperlink so it is not opening up the files. It is just plain text
as numbers. I am trying to figure out how to get the hyperlinks in there
without having to put them in one at a time. Does anyone know how I would do
this.

Bevor further investigating: how did you create that TOC -- by way of RD
fields?

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
X Against HTML | for
/ \ in e-mail & news | Word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Janie wrote:
Yes I used RD fields in my TOC, the page numbers are coming across as they
should but they are not hyperlinks. All of these documents are in the same
folder. Should'nt they be hyperlinked and open the doc when you click on
them? I used Headings styles in the docs that are referenced in the TOC.

OK, just wanted to know whether we're talking about the same thing. I
see the same thing as you do, neither the page number nor the whole
entry (with TOC switch \h) is "hyperlinked".

Never tried this before, and I'm not finding more references on this
phenomenon than simple: you can't have hyperlinked entries in an
"RD-TOC". :-(

Greetings
Robert
--