Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] jennifer.brandes@zywave.com is offline

Default Text Boxes shift when opened on 1 pc

I have a user that is opening a document that includes 2 text boxes
that show as columns. For some reason, when this user opens the
document, the text box on the left is shifted and shows on top of the
text box on the right. We are both using Windows XP, Office 2003.
Any ideas on what we might be missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Among other things, possibly, you need to make sure that Allow overlap is
not enabled. Right-click the text box edge and choose Format - Text Box. In
the Layout tab, click Advanced. In the Picture Position, remove the check
next to Allow overlap.

Note the other settings, as well, then come back here and change the
settings if disallowing overlap doesn't solve the problem

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
ups.com...