annpayt

Default default font size for the return address on an envelope?

Everytime I type an envelope, I have to change the font size for the return
address.
I prefer to type both the sending address and return address in font size
12. The sending address is default to size 12, so I don't have to change it.
But, the return address is defaulted at size 10. So, I have to change it
every time.
I can't find how to default the return address font size to 12.

annpayt

I can't find the "Envelope Return Style" anywhere. I even went to
http://word.mvps.org and tried to follow the instructions there. It doesn't
work for me...it may help to know I'm using Word 2003.

"annpayt" wrote in message
Everytime I type an envelope, I have to change the font size for the

return
address.
I prefer to type both the sending address and return address in font size
12. The sending address is default to size 12, so I don't have to change

it.
But, the return address is defaulted at size 10. So, I have to change it
every time.
I can't find how to default the return address font size to 12.

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html and
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/sfpa...ttingPane.html

The easiest way, however, is to press Shift while clicking the arrow beside
the Styles dropdown (on the Formatting toolbar). Scroll down to Envelope
Return and select it. That will apply it to the current paragraph in your
document. You should then be able to see it in the Styles and Formatting
task pane and click Modify.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Modify the Envelope Return style.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"annpayt" wrote in message
Everytime I type an envelope, I have to change the font size for the

return
address.
I prefer to type both the sending address and return address in font

size
12. The sending address is default to size 12, so I don't have to

change
it.
But, the return address is defaulted at size 10. So, I have to

change it
every time.
I can't find how to default the return address font size to 12.

annpayt

Thank you, Suzanne! It took some time for me to find the places I needed to
click, but thanks to your directions and your links, I have been able to
change the default font on the return address. I had no idea there were so
many options in Word. I will silently thank you every time I don't have to
change it on each envelope! I appreciate your time.
Ann