Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bolzey Bolzey is offline

Default Mail merge excel data incuding email address

I am using OfficeXP and I would like to know how to create a mail merge that
pulls the merge fields from a Excel including...this is the hard part...the
email address that I am sending to. Here's how I have it set up

Headings
Cell A1: Name
Cell B1: Login ID
Cell C1: Email Address

1st Row
Cell A2: John
Cell B2: John2007
Cell C2:

In Word, my email message would read "Hello John, your new login id is
John2007. If any questions, please let us know."

I need cell C2 to be the email address I am sending to, however. I don't
want to create a list and send everyone on the list eveyrbody's login names.
How can I do that in Word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Execute the merge to email and then you will be asked for the field in the
data source that contains the email addresses. After selecting that field,
individual emails will be sent to each email address in the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Bolzey" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bolzey Bolzey is offline

I didn't know it would actually ask for the field at the very end but just as
you said, individual emails were sent as I wanted.

Thank you sir!