Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DianeMN

Default Help Screens should not have to be closed using the mouse

Often, I accidentally hit the F1 key, bringing up a Help screen on right-hand
column of screen. I want to be able to quickly close the screen WITHOUT
having to grab the mouse, and click the X in its upper right-hand corner. I
cannot believe that Microsoft Corp. forces a close of their program Help
screens by mouse action alone, and does not allow this functionality from the
keyboard.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Ctrl+F1 closes the task pane (and opens it if you press Ctrl+F1 again).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman