Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mariekek5 mariekek5 is offline

Default page breaks + headers and footers

Hi,

I have a document from lets say 200 pages. Each page contains the
information of a certain product in the same format (imported from an Excel
file).

In this document I use headers and footers. The footer should stay the same
on all pages (including ascending page numbers).

The header however should change per lets say 5 to 10 pages. Because I want
the logos from the different suppliers in the headers. And per 5 to 10
products, there is another supplier.

I tried to achieve this task by inserting page breaks. Then however, when I
delete the logo in a new section from the headers....all headers will
disappear..including those on the pages from the section before..

Can someone help me out?

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Marieke
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need to separate the sections with Section Breaks, not Page Breaks and
then you need to Unlink each Header from that in the previous Section. Then
you can insert different information in the Header of each Section without
affecting that in the other Sections.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"mariekek5" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2003 or earlier, click the Same as Previous or Link to Previous
button on the Header and Footer toolbar to turn it off. In Word 2007 the
Link to Previous button is in the Navigation group on the Header & Footer
Tools | Design contextual tab.

http://word.mvps.org

"mariekek5" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds to me as if you linked them (to an empty one) instead of unlinking
them.

http://word.mvps.org