Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pluto pluto is offline

Default Excel objects in a Word document

Hi,
I have inserted excel objects in a Word document. Is it possible to get a
value from a cell i one object and display it in a cell in another object.

I use Office 2007.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

I am not using version 2007 at the moment, but if I understand you correctly,
you want to reference a cell in workbook 1 in workbook 2. If that is
correct, I can tell you how to do it in version 2003 and I am fairly certain
it should work in 2007 as well:

Open both worksheets
In the worksheet where you want to display data from the other, click in an
empty cell and start your forumula with an equal sign as you normally would.
Then go to the other worksheet and click in the cell that contains the data
you want displayed and then press enter.
The data should now appear in your other worksheet.

I hope this has been helpful to you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP