Pat88 Pat88 is offline
Junior Member

Default Mailmerge with IF

I have an excel data sheet and like to use MERGEFIELD and IF to check if a part of the value is in the excel field.

For example i have the field "participants" with the following values:

Thomas;Philip;Patrick

I like to check with the following command if the Name "Patrick" is in this field:

{ IF { MERGEFIELD participants } = "Patrick" "yes" "no" }

Word shows me the result "no". How can I change my command that it doesn't matter if before or after the name any value is? I tried it with * but it doesn't work.

Thanks for your ideas

mailmerge Sriniwas Mailmerge 2 October 7th 08 11:29 AM
help with mailmerge please steve goodrich Mailmerge 3 March 6th 06 05:32 PM
Mailmerge skibear Mailmerge 1 March 11th 05 09:24 PM
mailmerge Sean Murdoch Mailmerge 1 February 24th 05 07:04 AM
Mailmerge blanco Mailmerge 1 February 14th 05 09:27 PM