Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Tony is offline

Default Protect Form

I have a form that I want to lock by using the lock icon on the Forms
Toolbar. However, this icon is greyed out and I cannot figure out how to
make it so I can click on this icon.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Tony,

I have a form that I want to lock by using the lock icon on the Forms
Toolbar. However, this icon is greyed out and I cannot figure out how to
make it so I can click on this icon.

Have you linked this document to a mail merge data source by any chance?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Tony is offline

Thank you for you reply Cindy

No this form is not linked to anything.

Thanks,
Tony

"Cindy M." wrote in message
Hi Tony,

I have a form that I want to lock by using the lock icon on the Forms
Toolbar. However, this icon is greyed out and I cannot figure out how to
make it so I can click on this icon.

Have you linked this document to a mail merge data source by any chance?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Tony,

No this form is not linked to anything.

Which version of Word are we dealing with?

I have a form that I want to lock by using the lock icon on the Forms
Toolbar. However, this icon is greyed out and I cannot figure out how to
make it so I can click on this icon.

Have you linked this document to a mail merge data source by any chance?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Tony,

2003

1. Tools/Letters and Mailings/Show the mail merge toolbar. Click on the button
at the far left (Main document setup). Which option is selected?

2. Only this one document is affected, is that correct? If you copy everything
EXCEPT the last paragraph mark to a new document can you set the protection for
it?

No this form is not linked to anything.

Which version of Word are we dealing with?

I have a form that I want to lock by using the lock icon on the Forms
Toolbar. However, this icon is greyed out and I cannot figure out how
make it so I can click on this icon.

Have you linked this document to a mail merge data source by any
chance?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org