Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brad Brad is offline

Default Error message opening 2007 files

I get the following

The Microsoft Office Open XLM file (filename.dotm) cannot be opened becasue
there are problems with the contents. Under details

"Elements and attributes in restricted namespaces are not allowed.

Location: Part:/word/fontTaqble.xml, Line: 2, Column 158.

Happening on a number of files any idea how to fix it and open the files?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Were the files created with a beta version?
Or were they created with RTM and you are trying to open them in a beta
version?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Brad" wrote in message
:

I get the following

The Microsoft Office Open XLM file (filename.dotm) cannot be opened becasue
there are problems with the contents. Under details

"Elements and attributes in restricted namespaces are not allowed.

Location: Part:/word/fontTaqble.xml, Line: 2, Column 158.

Happening on a number of files any idea how to fix it and open the files?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brad Brad is offline

Patrick,

they were created in the B2TR but now I have just the B2 on the computer as
I had to reinstall from the CD.

Brad

"Brad" wrote in message
:

I get the following

The Microsoft Office Open XLM file (filename.dotm) cannot be opened becasue
there are problems with the contents. Under details

"Elements and attributes in restricted namespaces are not allowed.

Location: Part:/word/fontTaqble.xml, Line: 2, Column 158.

Happening on a number of files any idea how to fix it and open the files?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Then I suggest you install B2TR! You won't be able to open the files
otherwise. See the link below my name for a place to download it, if you
don't have it anymore on your computer.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
http://pschmid.net
***