Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gage Gage is offline

Default Equation Editor in Word 2007

Hi! I am having some trouble with the Equation Editor in Word 2007. I have
recently upgraded to Office 2007. Usually my quations are displayed and
print normally, however when I insert a sketch from Geometer's Sketchpad (Key
Curriculum Press) into a document with equations in it, the problem starts.
The equations look perfectly normal in my document, but whenever I print the
document anywhere there was an equation it is just a white gap between the
text. For example, it would look like this:

Write the slope of the line in the format y = mx + b for each line below.

And it would print like this when I have a sketch from Geometer's Sketchpad
in the document:

Write the slope of the line in the format for each line below.

I have had no problems in the previous versions of office with equation
editor and Geometer's Sketchpad in the same document. The equations use to
always print out fine. It is only in Office 2007. Can anyone help me?

Thanks so much!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Word 2007 has a completely new equation editor, so I am not too
surprised it is running into problems with data from 2rd party software.
Does it actually insert it as a 2007 equation or is it something else?
Have you contacted Key Curriculum Press?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://ribboncustomizer.com
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Gage" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gage Gage is offline

Well, I'm pretty sure that is inserts it as a 2007 Equation because I am
opening and saving the file in the new .docx format (not in compatibility
mode). No, I have not contacted Key Curriculum Press because I didn't feel
it was their problem. My Geometer's Sketchpad has always worked with Word
throughout all of its version updates, it is the update to Microsoft Word
that is causing my problem. I don't really see what Key Curriculum Press
could do other than saying to use something other than Word, which I do not
want to do. I know there has to be some way for it to work because it worked
in all other versions of Word, and 2007 should be the best one yet and
include all of the old features plus more. Any help or suggestions would be
greatly appriciated!

Thanks!

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Word 2007 has a completely new equation editor, so I am not too
surprised it is running into problems with data from 2rd party software.
Does it actually insert it as a 2007 equation or is it something else?
Have you contacted Key Curriculum Press?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://ribboncustomizer.com
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Gage" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Word used to use a reduced version of a third party product as its
equation editor. Word 2007 however ships with a built-in equation editor
which is fundamentally different.
It is not uncommon that third party products might have to adjust their
programs to work correctly with the newest version of Word. I encourage
you to contact them about this.
At the same time, please find my email address on my website and send
me, if you can, a sample document that illustrates the problem.

Thanks,

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***

:

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Word 2007 has a completely new equation editor, so I am not too
surprised it is running into problems with data from 2rd party software.
Does it actually insert it as a 2007 equation or is it something else?
Have you contacted Key Curriculum Press?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://ribboncustomizer.com
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Gage" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

There was one earlier report in the application.errors newsgroup that
sounded similar to this:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...7a8633 ca3653

It didn't get a resolution, and I'm not able to reproduce the problem.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

:

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Word 2007 has a completely new equation editor, so I am not too
surprised it is running into problems with data from 2rd party
software. Does it actually insert it as a 2007 equation or is it
something else? Have you contacted Key Curriculum Press?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***