Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam Pam is offline

Default text boundaries in Word 2007

In 2003 version, the boundaries were at the margins. In 2007, the boundaries
surround the "filled" portion of the page. Is there a way to make the text
boundaries the same as in 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Eh? What's the difference?

On Jan 29, 5:16*pm, Pam wrote:
In 2003 version, the boundaries were at the margins. *In 2007, the boundaries
surround the "filled" portion of the page. *Is there a way to make the text
boundaries the same as in 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I see text boundaries just the same in Word 2007, but what will cause them
to shrink in either version is to have a wrapped graphic beside the text.

http://word.mvps.org

"Pam" wrote in message
In 2003 version, the boundaries were at the margins. In 2007, the
boundaries
surround the "filled" portion of the page. Is there a way to make the
text
boundaries the same as in 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam Pam is offline

My concern is for the bottom margin. In Word 2003, the text boundaries are
at the margin. In Word 2007, sometimes the boundaries are at the margin and
sometimes they are at the bottom of the text, wherever it ends on the page.
Obviously we could use the vertical ruler to see how much room is left on a
page, but the margin boundary is/was easier. I am not using graphics,
strictly text.

"Pam" wrote in message
In 2003 version, the boundaries were at the margins. In 2007, the
boundaries
surround the "filled" portion of the page. Is there a way to make the
text
boundaries the same as in 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm sorry, but I don't see this in Word 2007 at all. Text boundaries work
for me exactly the same there as in previous versions.

http://word.mvps.org

"Pam" wrote in message
In 2003 version, the boundaries were at the margins. In 2007, the
boundaries
surround the "filled" portion of the page. Is there a way to make the
text
boundaries the same as in 2003?

Text boundaries in word 2003 Evie Page Layout 1 June 6th 08 05:34 PM
Show Text Boundaries Rabia Page Layout 6 December 10th 07 11:04 AM
Where are my old text boundaries? Lalo Page Layout 1 April 12th 07 04:50 AM
Text boundaries in Word 2007 Dan Harrison Page Layout 1 February 6th 07 07:35 PM
text boundaries Chris at FCC Microsoft Word Help 1 November 29th 05 07:46 PM