Christa Heyting

Default enforce a circumflex accent onto a consonant

In statistics, estimates of parameter values are indicated by a letter
representing the parameter, with a circumflex accent. However, I found that
Word does not place circumflex accents onto letters representing consonants.
Why is this, and how to circumvent this problem?