Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Petersax

Default How to print invitation cards in Word

I have some card stock that a friend gave me - it's got 4 invitation cards on
one sheet. I'd like to format one party invitation, and have it print to all
4 cards per sheet. How do I do so in MS Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It might be easier to do this in Publisher, but you can do it in Word. In
Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and Labels, select the Labels tab
and click Options. Choose Avery 3263 or 8387 if your invitations are
landscape page or 5845 if they are portrait. Click OK to close the Label
Options dialog and New Document to create a sheet of cards. They're set up
as a table so make sure you have table gridlines displayed (Table | Show
Gridlines) so you can see the cell boundaries. Set up your invitation in one
cell, then copy, select the entire table, and paste.

"Petersax" wrote in message
I have some card stock that a friend gave me - it's got 4 invitation cards

on
one sheet. I'd like to format one party invitation, and have it print to

all
4 cards per sheet. How do I do so in MS Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Easily, yes. Likely, no.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Petersax" wrote in message
I have some card stock that a friend gave me - it's got 4
invitation cards on one sheet. I'd like to format one party
invitation, and have it print to all 4 cards per sheet. How do I
do so in MS Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Another brave assumption.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
Easily, yes. Likely, no.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Petersax" wrote in message
I have some card stock that a friend gave me - it's got 4
invitation cards on one sheet. I'd like to format one party
invitation, and have it print to all 4 cards per sheet. How do I
do so in MS Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the "olden days," invitations of this sort were often engraved with a
line on which the recipient's name could be written in by hand ("Mr. and
Mrs. So-and-So request the pleasure of [blank's] company on Sunday, the
fourteenth of May," etc.). Nowadays, people seem to find the effort of even
addressing envelopes by hand beyond them, so the concept of individualized
formal invitations has rather fallen out of fashion.

Another brave assumption.

--

"Petersax" wrote in message
I have some card stock that a friend gave me - it's got 4
invitation cards on one sheet. I'd like to format one party
invitation, and have it print to all 4 cards per sheet. How do I
do so in MS Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Yep, but I'm basing my assumption on the apparent skill level of the OP. ;-)

(Probably the only brave thing I'll do all day.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Another brave assumption.