TomBrooklyn TomBrooklyn is offline
Junior Member

Question How Delete Lines? How'd They Get There In First Place?

EDIT: Found Solution http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=125047

If I type more than a certain number of equal signs in a row starting at the left margin, Word converts it to a double line that goes all the way across the page. I don't want that. And I can't find a way to delete the line. Backspace and delete don't work on it.

How do I delete this double line.

How do I prevent Word from creating it in the future?

Last edited by TomBrooklyn : March 29th 09 at 01:42 PM Reason: other thread appeared showing me solution after posting
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How Delete Lines? How'd They Get There In First Place?

To get rid of it http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm
To prevent it from being created Tools Autocorrect Options Autoformat as
you type - uncheck 'border lines'. You may find it useful to uncheck most of
the stuff in that dialog.

TomBrooklyn wrote:
EDIT: Found Solution
http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=125047

If I type more than a certain number of equal signs in a row starting
at the left margin, Word converts it to a double line that goes all
the way across the page. I don't want that. And I can't find a
way to delete the line. Backspace and delete don't work on it.

How do I delete this double line.

How do I prevent Word from creating it in the future?

TomBrooklyn TomBrooklyn is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation

Right-O. Thanks. I was happy to find I could eliminate the auto capitalization of new lines which was bothering me too.