Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim K Jim K is offline

Default Footer different on Last Page

I understand in word 2003 that you can identify that the first page footer is
unique from the rest of the document. Is there any way to identify that the
last page of the footer is singularly different than all other pages,
regardless if the page is 1 page or multiple pages (on a one page document,
the last page footer would be used). I have a template with a signature
merge field that must appear on the last page only. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated, thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Yes, this can be done (in any version of Word). You need the following
construction:

{ IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "Content to be placed on the last page only" }

Each pair of field delimiters (the things that look like braces but can't be
typed from the keyboard) must be inserted using Ctrl+F9, or you can use the
Insert Page Number and Insert Number of Pages buttons on the Header and
Footer toolbar to insert the { PAGE } and { NUMPAGES } fields. The text
between quotes can be anything--a large chunk of content, a graphic,
whatever.

"Jim K" wrote in message
I understand in word 2003 that you can identify that the first page footer

is
unique from the rest of the document. Is there any way to identify that

the
last page of the footer is singularly different than all other pages,
regardless if the page is 1 page or multiple pages (on a one page

document,
the last page footer would be used). I have a template with a signature
merge field that must appear on the last page only. Any suggestions would

be
greatly appreciated, thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim K Jim K is offline

I'm sorry, but I'm still having a problem with this. The data I'm inserting
into the last page is a merge field - when it moves to first page, the data
doesn't print...any ideas; it is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jim.

"Jim K" wrote in message
I understand in word 2003 that you can identify that the first page footer

is
unique from the rest of the document. Is there any way to identify that

the
last page of the footer is singularly different than all other pages,
regardless if the page is 1 page or multiple pages (on a one page

document,
the last page footer would be used). I have a template with a signature
merge field that must appear on the last page only. Any suggestions would

be
greatly appreciated, thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

How are you inserting the merge field in the IF field?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes, this can be done (in any version of Word). You need the following
construction:

{ IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "Content to be placed on the last page

only" }

Each pair of field delimiters (the things that look like braces but

can't be
typed from the keyboard) must be inserted using Ctrl+F9, or you can

use the
Insert Page Number and Insert Number of Pages buttons on the Header

and
Footer toolbar to insert the { PAGE } and { NUMPAGES } fields. The

text
between quotes can be anything--a large chunk of content, a graphic,
whatever.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jim K" wrote in message
I understand in word 2003 that you can identify that the first page

footer
is
unique from the rest of the document. Is there any way to identify

that
the
last page of the footer is singularly different than all other

pages,
regardless if the page is 1 page or multiple pages (on a one page
document,
the last page footer would be used). I have a template with a

signature
merge field that must appear on the last page only. Any suggestions

would
be
greatly appreciated, thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim K Jim K is offline

After I type in the line as you stated earlier, I place the merge field
elsewhere in the footer and then copy and paste it between the "" marks. I
did review the link in another posting of this type at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Conditiona...rs_Footers.htm

My line is listed he
{IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES }"Electronic Signatu { MERGEFIELD "VALIDNAME"
} { MERGEFIELD "PATHO_QUALIF" }"""}

I've tried using the statement as you listed below, without the true,false
statements at the end of the line and get the same result. Also, I AM
getting this information on a 1 page report, just not on multiple page
reports.

And, when I type this command into my template it is showing on the screen.
If I close and reopen the template, the only text that appears is "Electronic
Signature". I have to choose Tools, Options, View tab, and select Show -
Field Codes to be able to see this information on the template again.

Thanks for the assistance...., Jim.

"Jim K" wrote in message
I understand in word 2003 that you can identify that the first page

footer
is
unique from the rest of the document. Is there any way to identify

that
the
last page of the footer is singularly different than all other

pages,
regardless if the page is 1 page or multiple pages (on a one page
document,
the last page footer would be used). I have a template with a

signature
merge field that must appear on the last page only. Any suggestions

would
be
greatly appreciated, thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim K Jim K is offline

Additional information to my previous response:

This footer not printing on documents with multiple pages is upon PRINT
only. Viewing the report online shows the line in the last page footer...

Thanks.

"Jim K" wrote in message
I understand in word 2003 that you can identify that the first page

footer
is
unique from the rest of the document. Is there any way to identify

that
the
last page of the footer is singularly different than all other

pages,
regardless if the page is 1 page or multiple pages (on a one page
document,
the last page footer would be used). I have a template with a

signature
merge field that must appear on the last page only. Any suggestions

would
be
greatly appreciated, thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim K Jim K is offline

I have checked the linked document and this not my issue...thanks for the
direction. My printer is new and it came with the printer driver. My area
of print that is my concern is indented from the right margin and is the 2nd
line of a 8 line footer; all other information is printing in the footer
without incident. I hope there's a light at the end of this tunnel....thanks
again, Jim.

"Jim K" wrote in message
I understand in word 2003 that you can identify that the first

page
footer
is
unique from the rest of the document. Is there any way to

identify
that
the
last page of the footer is singularly different than all other
pages,
regardless if the page is 1 page or multiple pages (on a one

page
document,
the last page footer would be used). I have a template with a
signature
merge field that must appear on the last page only. Any

suggestions
would
be
greatly appreciated, thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you'll send me a copy of the document, I'll see what I can figure out.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.