tdog

Default Comparing merged edits from multiple reviewers

Hello,

One of our users has a Word document she has submitted to a number of other
users for editing. Now that she has received all 16 edited copies back, she
would like to merge them all into a single document for ease of reviewing all
the edits.

She would like each editor's edits to appear in a different color "bubble"
(e.g. John's are all blue, Erin's are all green, etc.), and more
significantly, would like ALL the changes to appear, including when two or
more editors make the exact same change. It appears that when multiple
editors make the same change, their edits "cancel each other out" such that
none of the bubbles appear.

The colored bubbles doesn't appear that difficult to achieve, but if anyone
has ideas on how to get around the "cancelling out" of like edits we would
greatly appreciate your help.

I guess another valid question is how many merged documents Word can
support, i.e. is 16 too many? Thanks!

cheers /td