Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heiko K Stugg Heiko K Stugg is offline

Default Not sure??

I am not sure how to do this or where to even start, but work for an
engineering firm and we generate all of our specifications for equipment in
word. Each document has a 5 digit number like 16000 and has a description of
"General Provisions". Another one may be 16011 and has a description of
Metallic Conduit. There may be at any given point anywhere from 5 to 30
different but unique specifications. Also each specification will have a
Revision Number and Date Issued.

What I would like to do is to have a specification list that shows the
specification number, description, rev number, and date issued for each
project that we do. Each Project will be located in a unique directory.

Can anybody tell me or give me an idea or know how I could possible
accomplish this.

Best Regards,

Heiko
--
Heiko K Stugg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Are these descriptions part of the filenames? If so then maybe you could use
the printfolders utility you can download from my web site to create a list
of the files in the folder.

If not, where do they appear in the document? Are they always in the same
place and formatted in the same manner?

We really need some more information about the information you wish to
collate.