Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tricia Tricia is offline

Default Exclude dictionary Australia

I cannot for life of me get exclude dictionary to work.

I have put the words on a notepad file, i pressed enter between each word,
the words are in lower case. I have saved the file in a multitude of ways,
but none work. The path I am using is:
C:\Users\'username'\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\UPro of and I am saving as a
text only file.

All of the help files relate how to do this for american spelling, and not
for vista or word 2007.

Here is my question - What exactly do I call the file and where exactly do I
save it? Pls Don't forget, I am using Australian english.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT][_2_] Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT][_2_] is offline

Hello Tricia,

You will find more information about Exclude Dictionaries in Office 2007 he

http://blogs.msdn.com/naturallanguag...ictionary.aspx

You are in the right folder and the name of the Exclude Dictionary for
Australian English is a file that should be present in this folder, which you
can open and edit with Notepad:

Folder:
C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\UProof\

File name: ExcludeDictionaryEN0c09.lex

I hope it will help,

Best wishes,

Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT]
Microsoft Natural Language Group

"Tricia" wrote:

I cannot for life of me get exclude dictionary to work.

I have put the words on a notepad file, i pressed enter between each word,
the words are in lower case. I have saved the file in a multitude of ways,
but none work. The path I am using is:
C:\Users\'username'\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\UPro of and I am saving as a
text only file.

All of the help files relate how to do this for american spelling, and not
for vista or word 2007.

Here is my question - What exactly do I call the file and where exactly do I
save it? Pls Don't forget, I am using Australian english.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There used to be a useful article about this at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...473031033.aspx. Unfortunately,
this article was gutted and now includes only a link to my article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Ex...ordFromDic.htm, which currently
has no information about Word 2007 at all!

I had revised my article to cover Word 2007 and, to save time, had linked to
that article, but before the revision was published, I learned that the
information had been removed. So I have now added the necessary instructions
to my revised article, which will, I hope, be published shortly, thereby
rendering http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...473031033.aspx of some
use once again!

http://word.mvps.org

"Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT]" wrote in
message ...

Australia bush cuture newoan New Users 3 March 12th 07 01:08 PM
Is it possible to exclude text marked as Heading 3 from the TOC? eZ3 Microsoft Word Help 4 February 8th 07 08:17 PM
format a border to exclude the numbering Mike B Microsoft Word Help 5 May 8th 06 03:12 PM
How do I exclude a particular heading from a style-based TOC? Ayesha Dawson Microsoft Word Help 3 April 24th 06 08:36 AM
How do I exclude a word from always capitalized words? Brian Microsoft Word Help 8 July 11th 05 06:14 PM