Linda

Default W2003 Missing tab in Page Setup dialog box

In Word 2003's help, it is mentioned that there is a tab
called Document Grid in the Page Setup dialog box. I don't
see this tab on my workstation and I have talked to a
number of Word 2003 users who don't either. Would anyone
know how to get this tab and what is its purpose?

Thank you.
Jay Freedman

Linda wrote:
In Word 2003's help, it is mentioned that there is a tab
called Document Grid in the Page Setup dialog box. I don't
see this tab on my workstation and I have talked to a
number of Word 2003 users who don't either. Would anyone
know how to get this tab and what is its purpose?

Thank you.

I'm not sure which help topic you were looking at, but this statement is in
the "Set characters and lines per page for East Asian text" topic, which
describes how to use the grid:

"The feature or some of the options described in this Help topic are only
available if support for Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese,
or Korean is enabled through Microsoft Office Language Settings."

Do you have some need for a grid, or are you just curious? Note that there
is a separate *drawing* grid, accessible through Draw Grid on the Drawing
toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Linda

[...]

.
I used the question mark of the Page Setup dialog box and

there was no mention about language settings. I was only
curious and have no need for grid.

Thank you very much.
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 09:24:08 -0800, "Linda" wrote:

[...]

Ah, I see now. The Printer Setup topic does say "The availability of
some options depends on the languages that are installed and enabled
for editing." But that isn't as explicit as the explanation in the
other topic I quoted, so it's easy to miss.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman