Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patricia Patricia is offline

Default How to exclude columns when importing and how to automate

Couple of questions about importing data from Access to Word...

-My Access source has a number of rows that I don't need to include in my
final document. I can't seem to figure out how to exclude these columns
entirely when importing from Access. Any tricks?

-I'm assuming that once I get the hang of this, I ought to be able to write
a macro that will import the database info into the correct tables within
Word but am not sure how to make this happen. Any special considerations
like source filenames and paths?

I basically am trying to create a tool that will allow my team to pull
certain sections of an Access database into a Word document and automate as
much of the process as possible. I can also get my source to be Excel
instead of Access--- it's all starting out as a SQL database anyway. So any
tips or tricks would be most appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Patricia,

It's unclear exactly what route you're trying to go, here. Are you trying to
use Insert/Database? Mail merge? Or something else?

Which version of Word is involved?

-My Access source has a number of rows that I don't need to include in my
final document. I can't seem to figure out how to exclude these columns
entirely when importing from Access. Any tricks?

-I'm assuming that once I get the hang of this, I ought to be able to write
a macro that will import the database info into the correct tables within
Word but am not sure how to make this happen. Any special considerations
like source filenames and paths?

I basically am trying to create a tool that will allow my team to pull
certain sections of an Access database into a Word document and automate as
much of the process as possible. I can also get my source to be Excel
instead of Access--- it's all starting out as a SQL database anyway. So any
tips or tricks would be most appreciated!

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org