Adam K

Default installing a new font in microsoft word

I have Office 2003 and I was looking to add a new font. More specifically, a
font that looks like handwriting. Does anyone know:
1) If Word has a font like that. I can't find one in my list of fonts
2) Where I can find a font like that?
3) How I would install it on my computer and make it functional in Word? I
have not been able to locate an "install fonts" option.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Adam K

Word can use any font that is installed in the Windows Fonts folder. Office
2003 comes with a number of "handwriting" fonts, including Blackadder,
Bradley Hand, Brush Script, Edwardian Script, Freestyle Script, French
Script, Kunstler Script, Lucida Calligraphy, Lucida Handwriting, Mistral,
Monotype Corsiva, Palace Script, Rage Italic, Script MT Bold, Viner Hand,
and Vladimir Script.

"Adam K" Adam wrote in message
I have Office 2003 and I was looking to add a new font. More specifically,

font that looks like handwriting. Does anyone know:
1) If Word has a font like that. I can't find one in my list of fonts
2) Where I can find a font like that?
3) How I would install it on my computer and make it functional in Word?

have not been able to locate an "install fonts" option.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Adam K

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p.lee

I am trying to continue using a font called "Script (All res) in updating
letters previously saved in WORD but when I start typing the font changes to
TIMES NEW ROMAN rather than continuing in the Script font - I have tried
reinstalling the Script font to no avail.

Help with this problem is deperately needed.........................

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Some font types are not supported in later versions of Word. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=163059 "WD97: Some Fonts Are
Not Available in Word" for more information. The article also
applies to Word 2000, 2002, and 2003.

p.lee wrote:

I am trying to continue using a font called "Script (All res) in updating
letters previously saved in WORD but when I start typing the font changes to
TIMES NEW ROMAN rather than continuing in the Script font - I have tried
reinstalling the Script font to no avail.

Help with this problem is deperately needed.........................

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p.lee

I used to use a font called Script (all res) in word 2000 for writing hand
written looking notes. You will find this script in Control Panel/Fonts in
Office 2003.

"Adam K" wrote:

I have Office 2003 and I was looking to add a new font. More specifically, a
font that looks like handwriting. Does anyone know:
1) If Word has a font like that. I can't find one in my list of fonts
2) Where I can find a font like that?
3) How I would install it on my computer and make it functional in Word? I
have not been able to locate an "install fonts" option.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Adam K

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p.lee

I have not changed the font of the Normal Style and the font Script shows in
top box when curser is placed over script text. But as soon as I start typing
the top box showing font changes to Times New Roman. Even though the document
I open was typed in Script on previous computer when I look at the drop down
box of fonts script (all res) is not shown.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you changed the font of the Normal style?

"p.lee" p.lee@thepinkhouse wrote in message

I am trying to continue using a font called "Script (All res) in updating
letters previously saved in WORD but when I start typing the font changes

TIMES NEW ROMAN rather than continuing in the Script font - I have tried
reinstalling the Script font to no avail.

Help with this problem is deperately needed.........................

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you want all your typing in a given document to be in a certain font, you
need to change the font of Normal style for that document.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you changed the font of the Normal style?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"p.lee" p.lee@thepinkhouse wrote in message

I am trying to continue using a font called "Script (All res) in

updating
letters previously saved in WORD but when I start typing the font

changes
TIMES NEW ROMAN rather than continuing in the Script font - I have

tried
reinstalling the Script font to no avail.

Help with this problem is deperately needed.........................

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p.lee

I have tried changing the font of Normal style to no avail as when typing
within the document (created on previous computer) the font still changes
itself to Times New Roman. As stated previously, I do have the Script (All
res) font listed in my fonts folder but I do not have that same font in WORD.
When attempting to add new font to WORD I get a message: Script Font in Word
must be deleted before installing new font.