Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
juicy jello juicy jello is offline

Default I grant you an award for your tenureship at this school.

Can the word Tenureship be used in an award for someone who had received
tenure such as, Certifiocate of Tenureship
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

Why not look it up in a dictionary and find out? Or Google it.

"juicy jello" juicy wrote in message
news : Can the word Tenureship be used in an award for someone who had received
: tenure such as, Certifiocate of Tenureship

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

1. We don't deal with content.
2. I've never heard the word "tenureship". Not saying it isn't a real word,
I'm just saying I've never heard it.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"juicy jello" juicy wrote in message
news
Can the word Tenureship be used in an award for someone who had received
tenure such as, Certifiocate of Tenureship

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
broro183[_2_] broro183[_2_] is offline

hi Juicy Jello,

I think you are looking in the wrong place - you need a Dictionary, for
example:
'AskOxford: tenure'
(http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/tenure?view=uk)
'tenure - definition of tenure by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus
and Encyclopedia.' (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/tenure)

My knowledge of the correct terminology is sadly lacking so other more
informed people may disagree with my below answer...
To answer your question, I would say no, "tenureship" is not a word.
The word "tenure" is a noun and the meaning of the word incorporates the
concept "‘to hold’" while other nouns such as "apprenticeship"
effectively use "ship" as a suffix to create a similar meaning when
attached to the base noun of "'apprentice'
(http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/apprentice?view=uk)/'owner'
(http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/owner?view=uk)".

hth
Rob

--
broro183

Rob Brockett. Always learning & the best way to learn is to
experience...
broro183's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=333
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=204395

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

That's what I thought too but the term "tenure" does not apply to the work I
do.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]