Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MLD MLD is offline

Default Changing orientation within a document and Question using Endnotes

I am using Word 2007 create a book. In one section I want to change the orientation from portrait to landscape for a few pages and then back to portrait for the remainder of the book. Is there a way to do this w/o changing the orientation for the whole book? In this same book I am using endnotes rather than footnotes. However, when I add a sheet for a new chapter the document thinks that I am adding a new page for endnotes. How do I keep this from happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

1. Rotating a section:

Put your cursor in the section you want to rotate. Go to "Page Setup" (the second group on the Page Layout tab). At the bottom right is a tiny drop-down
arrow. Click that and the panel opens up. On the Margins tab, choose your new
orientation (Portrait or Landscape). Be sure that at the bottom it says "This
section" and not "Whole document." Click OK.

2: Placement of endnotes:

Did you choose "end of document" and not "end of section" for their position?
Are you careful to start a new section for the new chapter, and not just "add
a sheet"?