Papajackcane

Default how does one convert a word document to pdf?

I need to create a pdf document from a word document. How do I do it?
Lorrie White

Do you also have the Adobe Acobat program available? If so, there should be
icons available in your tool bar area. If you have the program, but the
icons aren't available, look for it in the Tools menu . add-ins. Or, open
Adobe and call up the Word file. In either case, unelss you own the Adobe
program, you can not develop a .PDF file. Adobe does make available a
reader...for those that receive .pdf files and do not own their program.

"Papajackcane" wrote in message
I need to create a pdf document from a word document. How do I do it?

garfield-n-odie

Although Adobe Acrobat is the original and arguably still the best (and
probably the most expensive), there are many shareware and freeware
programs that will create PDF files. See
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...er&btnG=Search .

Lorrie White wrote:

Do you also have the Adobe Acobat program available? If so, there should be
icons available in your tool bar area. If you have the program, but the
icons aren't available, look for it in the Tools menu . add-ins. Or, open
Adobe and call up the Word file. In either case, unelss you own the Adobe
program, you can not develop a .PDF file. Adobe does make available a
reader...for those that receive .pdf files and do not own their program.

"Papajackcane" wrote in message

I need to create a pdf document from a word document. How do I do it?

Ward

My Solution: Microsoft Word + Scansofts PDF Converter

You cant convert PDF documents to Microsoft Word for free. You have to
purchase software from someone to do it - thats just the nature of this
beast.

There are lots of PDF-to-DOC converters on the market, and I tested several
of these programs:

1. ScanSoft PDF Converter @ http://www.scansoft.com
2. Solid Converter PDF @ http://www.solidpdf.com/
3. PDF Grabber @ http://www.pixelplanet.com
4. PDF2Word @ http://www.verypdf.com/pdf2word/
5. Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard and Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional @
http://www.adobe.com

After all my research and testing I chose ScanSoft's PDF converter. It did
the best job converting PDF files. No exception. It costs $50 making Adobe
Acrobat's $450 price tag laughable.

But here's the part I like the best: it integrates with Microsoft Word. So
what does that mean? It means you can use the Word Batch Conversion Wizard
(the best kept secret) to convert mounds of PDF documents to the native
Microsoft Word DOC format. Instead of getting RTF files with DOC extensions,
PDF Converter via the Batch Conversion Wizard (BCW) actually converts PDF
documents to "real" Microsoft Word documents.

The RTF issues proved to be a frustrating caveat. Before I discovered PDF
Converter, I was using Adobe Acrobat Professional to convert PDF documents to
€śWord€ť documents. Afterwards, I had to clean up the mangled mess left by
Acrobats half-hearted job. Using BCW, I converted the RTF/DOC files to a
pure DOC format. It was ugly, laborious, and expensive.

Replacing these primitive steps with PDF Converter provided the best,
cheapest answer to the PDF-to-DOC mystery. Since everyone at my company has
Microsoft Office already installed, this solution beats all the other ideas
Ive seen or read so far.

All of the converters tested (including PDF Filter) proved incapable of
converting PDFs straight to DOCs without the RTF detour. However, PDF
Converter circumvented this obstacle when launched via the BCW. This feature
is priceless (along with its good conversion accuracy). In fact, PDF Filter
frequently converts better than Adobe!

Lorrie White wrote:

Do you also have the Adobe Acobat program available? If so, there should be
icons available in your tool bar area. If you have the program, but the
icons aren't available, look for it in the Tools menu . add-ins. Or, open
Adobe and call up the Word file. In either case, unelss you own the Adobe
program, you can not develop a .PDF file. Adobe does make available a
reader...for those that receive .pdf files and do not own their program.

"Papajackcane" wrote in message

I need to create a pdf document from a word document. How do I do it?

Ward

Insults aside, you should ask before assuming - the process I outlined does
DOC-PDF, PDF-DOC, and other conversions.

As for advertising, I'm only sharing my discoveries because I know the
frustrations involved in this task.

Lorrie White wrote:

Do you also have the Adobe Acobat program available? If so, there should be
icons available in your tool bar area. If you have the program, but the
icons aren't available, look for it in the Tools menu . add-ins. Or, open
Adobe and call up the Word file. In either case, unelss you own the Adobe
program, you can not develop a .PDF file. Adobe does make available a
reader...for those that receive .pdf files and do not own their program.

"Papajackcane" wrote in message

I need to create a pdf document from a word document. How do I do it?

garfield-n-odie

I didn't assume anything... in your post, you only address converting
pdf to Word, which is not what the OP asked. And if you feel insulted,
then you should reexamine the tone of your own post, and realize that
you reaped what you sowed.