Lisa Sweeney

Default Print a document with equally centred columns

I am creating a Report Card which is A4 landscape. I want to fold it over,
and have both columns centred. The bloody thing keeps giving me a right hand
margin which I don't want, which is screwing everything up. The fold goes
through the second column. Am using latest updated XP version.

Lisa Sweeney

Thank you Suzanne. It didn't work. What bugs me is that I've had the same
printer for years. WORD 1998 and WORD 2000 both worked fine. Word 2003 and
XP don't. I shall persevere!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If the space between columns is equal to the sum of the left and right
margins (which are equal) and you're still having this problem, it is
probably a printer driver issue.

"Lisa Sweeney" Lisa wrote in message
news
I am creating a Report Card which is A4 landscape. I want to fold it

over,
and have both columns centred. The bloody thing keeps giving me a right

hand
margin which I don't want, which is screwing everything up. The fold goes
through the second column. Am using latest updated XP version.

Anne Troy

Lisa, you may first need to find out your minimum margins for your printer.
Take a new document and set the margins to zero. When prompted, tell it to
FIX them. Then look at your margins. My printer requires a fairly large
bottom (in the case of landscape, right) margin, so perhaps yours does as
well. So if your bottom margin is minimum .6" in a default doc, then your
minimum left/right should be .6, and your space between should be 1.2". Hope
this makes sense.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If the space between columns is equal to the sum of the left and right
margins (which are equal) and you're still having this problem, it is
probably a printer driver issue.

so
all may benefit.