Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Claus Wøbbe

Default Adding a language to Word

How do I copy the Proofing tools from one pc to another? I have Office XP US
version on one pc and Office XP Danish version on another, and I need to be
able to use spell check etc. in danish on the US-based machine. How do I do
that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus

"Claus Wøbbe" wrote in message
How do I copy the Proofing tools from one pc to another? I have Office XP
US
version on one pc and Office XP Danish version on another, and I need to
be
able to use spell check etc. in danish on the US-based machine. How do I
do
that?

The path to the files is

C:\Program Files\Common files\Microsoft shared\Proof

The files' names (in Office XP) a

MSHY3__DLL
MSHY3__LEX
MSHYTR32.DLL
MSHY___LEX
MSPTR32.DLL
MSSP3__DLL
MSSP3__LEX
MSSP___LEX
MSTH3__DLL
MSTH3__LEX
MSTHTR32.DLL
MSTH___LEX

"__" is of course the language code for Danish. You want to copy all files
with the name *__* to this same
C:\Program Files\Common files\Microsoft shared\Proof folder on your own
machine.

Notes:

1 For this kludge to work you must be sure to label Danish text as "Danish".

2. This kludge may not work with other programs (Outlook Express etc) that
use the proofing tools but it should work with Word.

Hope this helps,

Hoþçakal,
Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Claus Wøbbe

Thanks a lot! It helped. Although I could only find about half the files on
my danish pc, I simply copied all "DA"-related files from that directory to
my US pc - and it just works.

"Opinicus" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
milan3milan3

"Opinicus" kirjoitti:

[...]

hello Roby'

do you have any clue why finnish proofing works perfectly on th edesktop but
refuses to work on my laptop - both windows xp and office prof 2003 are
identical - the files in proof file are identical. proofing in
ger,eng,russ,fre,german works fine on both PC-s.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus

"milan3milan3" wrote

do you have any clue why finnish proofing works perfectly on th edesktop
but
refuses to work on my laptop - both windows xp and office prof 2003 are
identical - the files in proof file are identical. proofing in
ger,eng,russ,fre,german works fine on both PC-s.

I don't have any specific knowledge but presumably there's something about
the Finnish proofing files that Office 2003 doesn't like. Perhaps they
changed between the two versions.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com