Nick Demetriou

Default Word Printing Problem

WARD PRINTING PROBLEM:
Trying to print a document the hourglass hangs around for an abnormally long
time and without the printer being activated.

After pressing Control/Alt/Delete, I see "Document is not responding."

When I click "End Task" the printer gets activated and the document prints.

I have tried all kinds of troubleshooting but unsuccessfully.

WHAT ELSE I HAVE DONE:
1. Uninstalled/reinstalled Printer to Epsons instructions, step by step and
very carefully.
2. Checked to se if the problem was corrected but unfortunately NO.
3. Uninstalled/reinstalled Office 2003 with the same unsuccessful results.
In my view the problem is with the Word and not with the printer.
Following is a sample of the error I get when I try to print either on Word
or notepad or WordPad.

FILES IN THE ERROR REPORT:
C:\\DOCUME~1\Owner\Locals~1\Temp\Wer5928diroo\note pad.exe.mdmp
C:\\DOCUME~1\Owner\Locals~1\Temp\Wer5928diroo\appc ompat.txt

ERROR SIGNATU
szAppName:notepad.exe:51.2600.2180 szModName:hungup szMover:0.0.0.0 offset
00000000 (Substitute notepad for word or WordPad)

Also, when trying to print a document, a message at the bottom of the Word
screen shows €śWard is preparing to background print the Document€ť

I further tried to do System Restore, before uninstalling and reinstalling
and the process would not go through. A message came up telling me that
nothing was changed and to select another date; I did that and again with the
same unsuccessful results. It looks to me that I need to scrape everything
off my drive and start from scratch.

Could anyone help me correct the problem without having to
uninstall/reinstall windows XP, homes edition on my Inspiron 2600 laptop?

Thank you.

Nick

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TmljayBEZW1ldHJpb3U=?=,

WARD PRINTING PROBLEM:
Trying to print a document the hourglass hangs around for an abnormally

long
time and without the printer being activated.

I think you'll have the best chance for getting help on this problem if you
ask the experts in the topic-specific newsgroup:

Also, when trying to print a document, a message at the bottom of the Word
screen shows €śWard is preparing to background print the Document€ť

You might try turning this option off in Tools/Options/Print so that you can
work until the problem is resolved.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Nick Demetriou

Thank you Cindy, I will try it and let you know
Nick

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?TmljayBEZW1ldHJpb3U=?=,

WARD PRINTING PROBLEM:
Trying to print a document the hourglass hangs around for an abnormally

long
time and without the printer being activated.

I think you'll have the best chance for getting help on this problem if you
ask the experts in the topic-specific newsgroup:

Also, when trying to print a document, a message at the bottom of the Word
screen shows €œWard is preparing to background print the Document€

You might try turning this option off in Tools/Options/Print so that you can
work until the problem is resolved.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Nick Demetriou

"Nick Demetriou" wrote:
I did follow your suggestion but it did not work. It looks like I may have
much more serious problems than I thought.

It seams to me that I may have to reformat my C drive because when waiting
for the document to print, the CPU icon appears on the task bar having a hard
time to open up the printer. It goes up and down on %'s and finally opens up
the printer and prints that document but the printer manager does not open
completely to show the ink levels available.

Any suggestions before I scrape everything off my hard drive?

Thanks,

Nick

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?TmljayBEZW1ldHJpb3U=?=,

WARD PRINTING PROBLEM:
Trying to print a document the hourglass hangs around for an abnormally

long
time and without the printer being activated.

I think you'll have the best chance for getting help on this problem if you
ask the experts in the topic-specific newsgroup:

Also, when trying to print a document, a message at the bottom of the Word
screen shows €œWard is preparing to background print the Document€

You might try turning this option off in Tools/Options/Print so that you can
work until the problem is resolved.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TmljayBEZW1ldHJpb3U=?=,

It seams to me that I may have to reformat my C drive because when waiting
for the document to print, the CPU icon appears on the task bar having a hard
time to open up the printer. It goes up and down on %'s and finally opens up
the printer and prints that document but the printer manager does not open
completely to show the ink levels available.

Are you able to OPEN this document in Word? I had originally assumed that you
were printing from within Word, but this sounds more like you're trying to print
from your hard-drive?

Did you go to the printing group and ask for help there, as I suggested you do,
originally?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Nick Demetriou

Hi Cindy, I am printing from the Word and I did post on the Printing Group
today.
And thank you very much for your help.
Nick

Hi ?B?TmljayBEZW1ldHJpb3U=?=,