Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr Sasha Angel- Maxwell Mr Sasha Angel- Maxwell is offline

Default barka de salah and barka nan gode

Just a message to my Buba from the koalas that l hope you had a nice trip
from Saudi Arabia and l hope your EID is well and l am well your ini. love
Nike Newton.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I'm not your Buba. I don't think I want to be anyone's Buba - sounds really
redneck to me.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message
Just a message to my Buba from the koalas that l hope you had a nice trip
from Saudi Arabia and l hope your EID is well and l am well your ini. love
Nike Newton.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yiddishe rednecks? Sounds like "bubbe" 'grandmother' to me. Though I
don't know whether it would apply to a Muslim grandmother returning
from the hajj!

"Barka" in the header is probably from the Arabic for 'blessing' or
'blessed' in the feminine singular, though I don't know what language
the rest of it is.

"Mr Sasha Angel- Maxwell" Mr Sasha wrote in message

Just a message to my Buba from the koalas that l hope you had a nice trip
from Saudi Arabia and l hope your EID is well and l am well your ini. love
Nike Newton.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I'm not a bubbe either. No children = no grandchildren. I'd gladly be
barka'd tho! I can use all I can be granted.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message

Just a message to my Buba from the koalas that l hope you had a nice
trip
from Saudi Arabia and l hope your EID is well and l am well your ini.
love
Nike Newton.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Because the greeting came from Australia ("the koalas"), it might be
in Indonesian (the closest Muslim country). Next most likely might be
Bengali (Bangladesh) or various languages of Pakistan, but I suspect I
might have recognized the particles if they were from an Indic
language.

wrote in message

Just a message to my Buba from the koalas that l hope you had a nice
trip
from Saudi Arabia and l hope your EID is well and l am well your ini.
love
Nike Newton.--

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think it's Hausa.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

wrote:
I'm not a bubbe either. No children = no grandchildren. I'd gladly be
barka'd tho! I can use all I can be granted.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Peter T. wrote in ...

wrote in message

Just a message to my Buba from the koalas that l hope you had a nice
trip
from Saudi Arabia and l hope your EID is well and l am well your ini.
love
Nike Newton.--

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No reason to exclude it ... are there many Nigerians in Australia?

I just asked in sci.lang. Maybe someone will know.

*wrote in message

Just a message to my Buba from the koalas that l hope you had a nice
trip
from Saudi Arabia and l hope your EID is well and l am well your ini..
love
Nike Newton.---

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Because the greeting came from Australia ("the koalas")

IMO there are other possible interpretations of the use of the word
"koala" (like, kids have koala toys, there are clubs called "koalas" etc.

But I'm not really that interested in getting to the bottom of an
apparently misdirected message in here - I just thought I'd try to save
you looking around in what is likely the wrong area.

Peter Jamieson

wrote in message

Just a message to my Buba from the koalas that l hope you had a nice
trip
from Saudi Arabia and l hope your EID is well and l am well your ini.
love
Nike Newton.---

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

We have an answer:

--
It is Hausa.
barka de salah = blessings (or greetings) on (or for) the prayer (the

(sent by "Max")
--

On Dec 4, 5:48*pm, Peter Jamieson
wrote:
* Because the greeting came from Australia ("the koalas")

IMO there are other possible interpretations of the use of the word
"koala" (like, kids have koala toys, there are clubs called "koalas" etc.

If you hear hoofbeats, don't look for zebras?

* *wrote in message

Just a message to my Buba from the koalas that l hope you had a nice
trip
from Saudi Arabia and l hope your EID is well and l am well your ini.
love
Nike Newton

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ok, thanks.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 05/12/2009 04:16, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
We have an answer: