DawnMKA

Default mail merge - Access 2000 and Word 2000

Client OS: Win XP pro
Client Application Softwer: MS Office 2000 Pro
Server OS: Windows 2000 server

I have a database created with Access 2000. It is stored on my file server.
We used to have the OS Wind 89se on all of our clients and just recently
upgraded toe clients to the above mentioned.

When I use my database, I go to the query, type the data, save the query and
then try to use mail merge with windows. Then I try to link to existing
document, Browes to the document I want to link to, double click it and then
it happens.

I have to send an error report, then a message window will pop up for Word
saying Automation Error, The remote procedure call failed. Then I click ok
and another window will pop up. This one is for Access saying; The remote
server machine does not exist or is unabailable.

I tried to creat a new mail merge document when the wizard comes up and it
won't even let me choose that.

I have to go through word, browse for my document, and find the data source
and merge it that way.

I never had to do this before. I was always able to merge a document with
word from access. Worst of all, it wont let me create any new ones.

I have all the latest update on my OS and office products.

Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.

-dawn-
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RGF3bk1LQQ==?=,

This is certainly a problem with the Access tool, and I have no idea how that
works, internally. You should try asking this in an ACCESS newsgroup.

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)