Vadim Zima

Default Pasting between documents changes font size

Example: two open documents (A and B). I select some 12 point size text in
A, copy it to clipboard and paste it inside 12 point size text of document
B. The font size of the pasted text changes to 10, and I have to manually
change it back to 12.

If there's a lot of text to be pasted, it could be a very time-consuming
process ... Please help me.

--
Vadim (Nick) Zima
Certified Russian Translator/Conference Interpreter

Daiya Mitchell

See here, all will be explained:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html

On 5/5/05 1:02 PM, "Vadim Zima" wrote:

Example: two open documents (A and B). I select some 12 point size text in
A, copy it to clipboard and paste it inside 12 point size text of document
B. The font size of the pasted text changes to 10, and I have to manually
change it back to 12.

If there's a lot of text to be pasted, it could be a very time-consuming
process ... Please help me.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Opinicus

"Vadim Zima" wrote
..
Example: two open documents (A and B). I select some 12
point size text in A, copy it to clipboard and paste it
inside 12 point size text of document B. The font size of
the pasted text changes to 10, and I have to manually
change it back to 12.

What version of Word are you using? If it's one of the more
recent versions, after pasting you should fetch up a little
dialog window that asks you whether to match the destination
formatting or whatever.

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

Vadim Zima

The methods I found there are MORE time-consuming than what I did before,
because "...using them is by no means straight forward".
Very disappointing

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
See here, all will be explained:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html

On 5/5/05 1:02 PM, "Vadim Zima" wrote:

Example: two open documents (A and B). I select some 12 point size text
in
A, copy it to clipboard and paste it inside 12 point size text of
document
B. The font size of the pasted text changes to 10, and I have to
manually
change it back to 12.

If there's a lot of text to be pasted, it could be a very time-consuming
process ... Please help me.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Daiya Mitchell

Actually, the paste options buttons are pretty easy to use, just a couple of
clicks (assuming you have Word 2002 or 2003). Did you read the linked page
about it? It's easier than it looks when you actually try it out. It's
also pretty easy to record a macro of yourself using the paste options
button, and then to assign it to a keyboard shortcut.

It may take a little extra time to set up, but once you understand how it
works, it will save you quite a bit of time and repetitive motion. But it's
your choice. I don't think there are any other workarounds to offer,
though.

On 5/5/05 1:53 PM, "Vadim Zima" wrote:

The methods I found there are MORE time-consuming than what I did before,
because "...using them is by no means straight forward".
Very disappointing

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
See here, all will be explained:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html

On 5/5/05 1:02 PM, "Vadim Zima" wrote:

Example: two open documents (A and B). I select some 12 point size text
in
A, copy it to clipboard and paste it inside 12 point size text of
document
B. The font size of the pasted text changes to 10, and I have to
manually
change it back to 12.

If there's a lot of text to be pasted, it could be a very time-consuming
process ... Please help me.

Graham Mayor

Add the following macro to normal.dot and activate it by a toolbar button
(see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm)

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText, Placement:= _
wdInLine
End
oops:
Beep
End Sub

Daiya Mitchell wrote:
[...]

Vadim Zima

On 5/5/05 9:59 PM, in article , "Graham
Mayor" wrote:

Add the following macro to normal.dot and activate it by a toolbar button
(see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm)

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText, Placement:= _
wdInLine
End
oops:
Beep
End Sub

I guess this is the answer I hoped for.
Thank you VERY MUCH!

Please donıt reply to the address above ‹ itıs a spam trap. If you want to
send me a message you can do it via any of my sites below.
--
Vadim Zima
ATA Certified Russian/Ukrainian Translator/Court Certified Conference

Vadim Zima

Normally, I am using Word 2003, but for the sake of experimenting with
suggested solutions, I tried Word XP as well.
Solving one problem created other questions (like inability to save the
macro, disappearing toolbars, etc.) and instead of working on an extremely
urgent job for an old customer, I had to spend HOURS fixing MS bugs,
learning tricks, etc. Man, do I hate Microsoft products for this!
I still did not figure everything out, and having no time for it I keep
using Word XP because it lets me copy/paste between documents with fewer
headaches.

"Opinicus" wrote in message
"Vadim Zima" wrote
.