Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dipen Mitra Dipen Mitra is offline

Default opening an old letter in Word date is already updated;How to sto

When I open an old letter in Word the date is automatically updated. How may
I prevent it because i want to see when it was written.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The reason is that you have inserted a date field which shows the system
date. What you need to do is change those date fields for createdate
fields - ALT+F9 change {DATE \@ "d MMM yyyy"}or {TIME \@ "d MMM yyyy"} to
{CREATEDATE \@ "d MMM yyyy"} then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the date in
your letterhead template so that future letters based on it show the correct
dates. The switches \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your location.