Stevo

Default How to disable "Want to save changes to template?" alert in Word?

When I try to save a doc (created from a template), Word 2003 always asks me
"Do you also want to save changes to the document template? Yes/No" How can I
disable that alert? I never want to save changes to this template, only to
the .doc file. Thanks

Stevo

Thanks, but had already tried that.

After posting, I tried several other things and finally found the fix. Under
"Tools |Templates and Add-Ins...", the dialog listed the template filename in
the "Document template" field. It was not the "Normal" template. I cleared
that field and hit OK, and do not get prompted anymore. On returning to that
dialog, it shows "Normal" in that field now. Maybe that will help someone
else having the same problem. Thanks again.

macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
Macro that will add the file path & date to Word footnotes? Rich P Microsoft Word Help 2 December 15th 04 07:49 PM