Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
legge legge is offline

Default How do I repeat the heading on every page in Word?

I'm creating a Manual and I want certain words to repeat on every page; I
also want to be able to type beside those certain words when necessary, i.e.)
Policy:
Effective:
Revised:
will be the titles I want repeated on every page (except the title page). I
will then want to type (or copy) the Policy and Subject as appropriate.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

That is what the Header in a document is used for. From the View menu,
select Header and Footer. You will need to divide your document into
Sections by inserting a section break when ever you want the text in the
Header to change, and it will be necessary to unlink the Header in a section
from that in the previous section so that they are independent of one
another.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"legge" wrote in message
I'm creating a Manual and I want certain words to repeat on every page; I
also want to be able to type beside those certain words when necessary,
i.e.)
Policy:
Effective:
Revised:
will be the titles I want repeated on every page (except the title page).
will then want to type (or copy) the Policy and Subject as appropriate.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

As Doug suggests, you could put this information in the page header (see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm). If the information
will be different on each page, however, you will need to have it in the
body of the page. For that purpose, you might want to save the stubs as an
AutoText entry; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm.