Paul Dustin

Default mail merge to a secondary email address

I have created a database for a school organization and am wondering if or
how I can send a mail merge thru a secondary e-mail account like hotmail. We
have a school e-mail account but access it from several different computers
around campus. I am wondering if I can send ouot a mail merge, using data
from our database and then have it sent out via our campus e-mail address(
via SquirrelMail).
Any ideas?

Thanks
Paul Dustin
Executive chairman
MSUM Dragon Transfer Connection

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UGF1bCBEdXN0aW4=?=,

You might need to check in an Outlook newsgroup about this. As far as I know,
if the Email address is set as the default, mail merge will use it. But you do
have to have the default email program configured to use that address. Mail
merge can't send email through a page displayed in IE (Webmail) for example. I
have no idea about SquirrelMail, but if mail merge is working with it OK for
other mail merges, then you should be able to change the default email account
and it will use that, instead.

I have created a database for a school organization and am wondering if or
how I can send a mail merge thru a secondary e-mail account like hotmail. We
have a school e-mail account but access it from several different computers
around campus. I am wondering if I can send ouot a mail merge, using data
from our database and then have it sent out via our campus e-mail address(
via SquirrelMail).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org