Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
silas[_2_] silas[_2_] is offline

Default Annoying sidebar...

Hi. I created a calendar in Word 2003 using a Microsoft template. Every time
I open the calendar a "Template Help" sidebar opens, squeezing off about 25%
of my screen space. I close the sidebar each time but is there a way I can
stop it from coming up?

Thanks.

silas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
silas[_2_] silas[_2_] is offline

Suzanne, I went to that site and did a search through articles back to 2002
and I couldn't find "Template Help". I scrolled through all the headings and
searched the Archives to no avail.

silas

"silas" wrote in message
Hi. I created a calendar in Word 2003 using a Microsoft template. Every
time I open the calendar a "Template Help" sidebar opens, squeezing off
about 25% of my screen space. I close the sidebar each time but is there
a way I can stop it from coming up?

Thanks.

silas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Sometimes it's hardest to see something when it's right under your nose.

Go to the specific page that Suzanne cited, and scroll halfway down the page.
You should see the heading "Show Template Help Automatically When Available".
The section includes a screen shot of the Document Properties dialog. It
contains instructions for deleting the _TemplateID custom property.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
silas[_2_] silas[_2_] is offline

I must have done something wrong before because the page that came up was
not the one I initially saw. My bad.

Thank you both very much, problem solved.

silas

wrote:

Suzanne, I went to that site and did a search through articles back to
2002
and I couldn't find "Template Help". I scrolled through all the headings
and
searched the Archives to no avail.

silas

.. .

"silas" wrote in message
Hi. I created a calendar in Word 2003 using a Microsoft template. Every
time I open the calendar a "Template Help" sidebar opens, squeezing off
about 25% of my screen space. I close the sidebar each time but is
there
a way I can stop it from coming up?

Thanks.

silas