Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jcyshin Jcyshin is offline

Default Can I restore a file that I have accidentally saved over?

Hi there,

I was typing up a document and wanted to check how many words i had typed.
Clicked the wrong button by mistake and auto selected the whole document.

What made it worse was that my brother was next to me being a pain and saved
the document, when I came back he panicked as it was all gone so he rebooted
the computer.

I have tried using windows restore to turn back time but the document
remains as what my brother saved it as, "Z".

What can i do? i need it back to normal asap
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Was the document saved previously with a different name? That last saved
version of that original file should still be available - unless you have
saved that one too with no content. Undo only works when the document has
not been closed. If you have saved blank documents and have no backups of
the original content, then you will have to start again.

System Restore does not restore user data.